An important update
about the 2021
Common Ground Fair
It is with heavy hearts that we’re writing today to let you know that we have decided not to move forward with an in-person Common Ground Country Fair this year. The ongoing pandemic, rising COVID-19 cases throughout Maine, and valuable feedback from our community have led us to this point. We did not come to this decision easily and know that people will have mixed reactions and emotions, as we all do. So many people have worked very hard to put on a 2021 fair, including countless volunteer hours. We honor the hard work and dedication of all who make the Fair happen each year. In the end, we feel this large-scale community building event should not take place in the current COVID-19 situation.
We hope that we will be able to hold a successful in-person Common Ground Country Fair on September 23, 24 and 25, 2022. It will be an all hands on deck planning process that will begin later this fall and we’ll need our full community to make this a reality.
By working together, we hope that we will all get through this difficult situation. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Fair Volunteer Benefits
- One Fair Volunteer T-shirt
- Fair Admission for the day you work
- One meal at the Common Kitchen on the day you work
- Camping privileges – tent site (one night per shift, either the night before or the night after your shift)
New to Volunteering?
Please create a volunteer profile or log in to your existing profile at MOFGA.VOLUNTEERHUB.COM in order to register to become a volunteer.
Once you do so, a calendar of upcoming volunteer opportunities will become visible.
Information for Fair Volunteers
Please fill out a volunteer profile or log in to your existing profile at MOFGA.VOLUNTEERHUB.COM in order to register to volunteer at the 2022 Common Ground Country Fair. If you need to cancel a shift you’ve registered for, you can do so under the My Schedule tab in your profile. If you have questions, please email the Fair Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] or call 207-568-6046 during business hours.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian signed consent. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old to volunteer without a guardian. Children between the ages 10 – 12 may volunteer if accompanied by a guardian 21 years of age or older with at least 1 adult : 2 children ratio.
- Special cases
- Children’s Area: Minimum age 13 years old.
- Auto Gates, Common Kitchen, Country Store, Entertainment, Low Impact Forestry, Parking, Ticket Takers: Minimum age 16 years old.
- Safety: Minimum age 16 years old for daytime shifts and 18 years old for nighttime shifts.
- Ticket-sellers: Minimum age 18 years old and must be well-known to MOFGA staff or Board members.
- Shuttle Assistants: Minimum age 18 years old.