June 29, 2021
We are hopeful that we will be able to gather in person on September 24, 25 and 26 for the 2021 Common Ground Country Fair and have begun preparations to host an on-site event in Unity. The health and safety of our community is our number one priority and as a result the Fair will look different this year. We are implementing changes across the fairgrounds to offer and support a safe experience in accordance with current Maine Center for Disease Control and Maine Department of Economic and Community Development guidelines for outdoor festivals. We’ll continue to keep this page updated as the situation evolves and we learn more in the coming months. At this time, here’s what we anticipate will change based on current conditions:
- Attendance will be managed to reduce congestion. Fairgoers will need to obtain tickets in advance to reduce lines.
- Layouts will be changed to allow for more distance between vendors.
- Masks and social distancing may be required according to CDC guidelines.
- Some areas and activities will not take place this year. Stay tuned for details.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch areas will be in place.
The Fair cannot take place without the help of over 2,000 dedicated volunteers! Volunteer shifts are now open.