Each year we rely on over 2,000 volunteers to make the Common Ground Country Fair happen.
Thank you to our volunteers!
Thank you to everyone who helped make the 2020 Online Common Ground Country Fair a success.
We hope to be back in person in 2021 for the 45th Annual Fair, and will be reaching out about future opportunities. Read more about volunteering at the fair below.
New to Volunteering?
Please fill out a volunteer profile or log in to your existing profile at MOFGA.VOLUNTEERHUB.COM in order to register to become a volunteer and see upcoming opportunities.
Welcome Fair Volunteers!
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at the Common Ground Country Fair. We rely on our many volunteers to keep the fair running smoothly. We’re so glad you want to help out! If you already have a volunteer profile, you can see all the available shifts by clicking the button:
Pre-registration – There are two ways to register in advance for volunteer shifts at the Fair:
1. Pre-registration Online
Please fill out a volunteer profile or log in to your existing profile at MOFGA.VOLUNTEERHUB.COM in order to register to volunteer at the 2020 Common Ground Country Fair. If you need to cancel a shift you’ve registered for, you can do so under the My Schedule tab in your profile. If you have questions, please email the Fair Volunteer Coordinator at [email protected] or call 207-568-6046 during business hours.
If you are using a cell phone, rotate it so that the screen is in landscape orientation, and then it will allow you to scroll further. You can also search for a particular area (such as “Parking”) and all those shifts should display. If you have access to a computer, that is the best way to experience the full version of the site.
2. Pre-Registration by mail
Please contact the office to request a volunteer registration packet! You can also get a copy of the Minor Consent Form from the office for anyone under the age of 18 who wants to volunteer.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian signed consent. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old to volunteer without a guardian. Children between the ages 10 – 12 may volunteer if accompanied by a guardian 21 years of age or older with at least 1 adult : 2 children ratio.
- Special cases
- Children’s Area: Minimum age 13 years old.
- Auto Gates, Common Kitchen, Country Store, Entertainment, Low Impact Forestry, Parking, Ticket Takers: Minimum age 16 years old.
- Safety: Minimum age 16 years old for daytime shifts and 18 years old for nighttime shifts.
- Ticket-sellers: Minimum age 18 years old and must be well-known to MOFGA staff or Board members.
- Shuttle Assistants: Minimum age 18 years old.
Arriving at the Fair
Fair Volunteer Benefits
- One Fair Volunteer T-shirt
- Fair Admission for the day you work
- One meal at the Common Kitchen on the day you work
- Camping privileges – tent site (one night per shift, either the night before or the night after your shift)
One 4-hour shift
For any additional 4-hour shifts you will receive
Volunteer as an Area Coordinator
Area Coordinators organize every aspect of the Fair – from organizing speakers to laying out parking lots to working at the gates. Coordinating is an amazing way to support the Fair and work with a group of amazing people. We have openings for coordinators, assistant coordinators, and understudies. We have leadership opportunities before, during and after the Fair.