Being a MOFGA member means playing an active role in creating a food system that is healthy and fair for all of us. Through education, training and advocacy, MOFGA is helping farmers thrive, making more local, organic food available and building sustainable communities. Your membership supports all of our work!
$5.00 – $19.99 Annual Membership Gift
Core Membership Benefits
$20.00 – $39.99 Annual Membership Gift
$40.00 – $59.99 Annual Membership Gift or
$3.00 – 4.99 Monthly Membership Gift
$60.00 – $99.99 Annual Membership Gift or
$5.00 – $9.99 Monthly Membership Gift
$100.00+ Annual Membership Gift or
$10.00+ Monthly Membership Gift
* Each ticket is good for admittance of one person on one day of the Common Ground Country Fair.
Learn More About Our Membership Changes
Starting on July 1, 2021:
- Any donation of $5 or more per year gives you membership access! We’re making membership more accessible to our community at any price point.
- Membership benefits are now based on giving level. You can now choose the giving level that’s right for you instead of choosing your level based on household structure.
- All memberships will renew each year on July 1. This will help us use our resources more efficiently and streamline Common Ground Country Fair entrance for members.
- Membership cards are no longer needed. With our new advance reservations ticketing system, you no longer need membership cards for entrance to the Common Ground Country Fair. This makes our membership more eco-friendly!
What does this mean for my existing membership?
If your membership expiration date is between July 1 and December 31, 2021, we’re asking you to consider renewing early!
If your membership expiration date is on or after January 1, 2022, we’re extending your membership expiration date to July 1, 2022. We’ll ask you to renew your membership on that date.
How will I receive my 2021 Common Ground Country Fair tickets?
All attendees of the Common Ground Country Fair will be reserving or purchasing tickets in advance this year. This will allow us to reduce lines at the gates and offer a safe and healthy experience for all attendees. Members will receive an email with a Fair ticket registration link to reserve tickets. Your unique link will give you access to reserve your free membership tickets as well as purchase additional tickets. Members will have early access to Fair ticket reservations from August 2 to August 8! Ticket reservations will open to the public on August 9. Members without email will receive a postcard with ticket reservation information to return by mail.
I used to attend the Common Ground Country Fair for multiple days with my free membership entrance. Buying Fair tickets this year is not budget-friendly for me. What should I do?
Volunteer for the Fair! Fair volunteers receive one Fair ticket when they commit to one four-hour volunteer shift. Volunteers make the Fair happen every year, and there are a wide variety of volunteer shift options. Learn more about volunteer opportunities!
What about Fair entrance for my children? We previously had a Family Membership.
Children attend the Fair for free! This year, parents will need to reserve advance tickets for all members of their families, including children. Stay tuned for your membership Fair ticket access.
I typically donate to MOFGA at the end of the year, when I do most of my charitable giving. Why are you asking me to renew in July?
We’re grateful for your support throughout the year! July 1 marks the beginning of our membership year for voting purposes. We encourage you to make a membership donation at this time to maximize your membership benefits. We also appreciate your additional giving above and beyond your membership donation.
What does this change mean for my subscription to The Maine Organic Farmer & Gardener?
In short, your subscription won’t change! Any membership at the $20+ level will continue to receive our quarterly newspaper. Membership subscriptions will be valid for 5 issues (Fall Fair, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall Fair), beginning with the Fall Fair issue and concluding with the following year’s Fall Fair issue.
- If your membership lapses, the Fair issue will be your last issue. For example, if your membership lapses in July 2022, you will receive your final Fall Fair issue and then you will not receive the Winter 2022-2023 issue.
- If you become a member mid-year, you will receive the remaining issues in the 5-issue cycle when you join. For example, if you become a member in January 2022, you will receive the Spring 2022 issue, the Summer 2022 issue, and Fair 2022 edition with your membership.
If you do not wish to receive The MOF&G as part of your membership, please let us know here.
I have additional questions about my membership. Who can I talk to?
Please call (207) 568-6007 or email [email protected] with any questions about your membership! You can also join our MOFGA Membership Q&A Webinar to hear from our membership staff and ask any question you have. Register here!