Being a MOFGA member means playing an active role in creating a food system that is healthy and fair for all of us. Through education, training and advocacy, MOFGA is helping farmers thrive, making more local, organic food available and building sustainable communities. Your membership supports all of our work!
Thank you to all of our members for helping to sustain MOFGA’s year-round work. Being a MOFGA member gives you access to the benefits of membership, which are outlined below by giving level. On July 1, 2021, we changed our membership structure and benefits – please read on for more details! Our membership year now runs July 1 – June 30 annually, so all memberships renew on July 1 each year.
All Members Receive Core Membership Benefits:
$5.00 – $19.99 Annual Membership Giving Level
$20.00 – $39.99 Annual Membership Giving Level
$40.00 – $59.99 Annual Membership Giving Level or
$3.00 – 4.99 Monthly Membership Giving Level
$60.00 – $99.99 Annual Membership Giving Level or
$5.00 – $9.99 Monthly Membership Giving Level
$100.00+ Annual Membership Giving Level or
$10.00+ Monthly Membership Giving Level
Learn More About Our Membership Changes
Starting on July 1, 2021:
- Any donation of $5 or more per year gives you membership access! We’re making membership more accessible to our community at any price point.
- Membership benefits are now based on giving level. You can now choose the giving level that’s right for you instead of choosing your level based on household structure.
- All memberships will renew each year on July 1. This will help us use our resources more efficiently and streamline Common Ground Country Fair entrance for members.
- Membership cards are no longer needed. With our new advance reservations ticketing system, you no longer need membership cards for entrance to the Common Ground Country Fair. This makes our membership more eco-friendly!
What does this mean for my existing membership?
If your membership expiration date is between July 1 and December 31, 2021, we’re asking you to consider renewing early!
If your membership expiration date is on or after January 1, 2022, we’re extending your membership expiration date to July 1, 2022. We’ll ask you to renew your membership on that date.
I typically donate to MOFGA at the end of the year, when I do most of my charitable giving. Why are you asking me to renew in July?
We’re grateful for your support throughout the year! July 1 marks the beginning of our membership year for voting purposes. We encourage you to make a membership donation at this time to maximize your membership benefits. We also appreciate your additional giving above and beyond your membership donation.
What does this change mean for my subscription to The Maine Organic Farmer & Gardener?
In short, your subscription won’t change! Any membership at the $20+ level will continue to receive our quarterly newspaper. Membership subscriptions will be valid for 5 issues (Fall Fair, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall Fair), beginning with the Fall Fair issue and concluding with the following year’s Fall Fair issue.
- If your membership lapses, the Fair issue will be your last issue. For example, if your membership lapses in July 2022, you will receive your final Fall Fair issue and then you will not receive the Winter 2022-2023 issue.
- If you become a member mid-year, you will receive the remaining issues in the 5-issue cycle when you join. For example, if you become a member in January 2022, you will receive the Spring 2022 issue, the Summer 2022 issue, and Fair 2022 edition with your membership.
If you do not wish to receive The MOF&G as part of your membership, please let us know here.
I have additional questions about my membership. Who can I talk to?
Please call (207) 568-6007 or email [email protected] with any questions about your membership!