Maine Apple Camp
August 19 @ 4:00 pm - August 21 @ 1:00 pm$150 – $400
Calling all cider makers, orchardists, fruit enthusiasts & apple nerds! Come learn about innovative orcharding methods, identifying and preserving heritage varieties, foraging wild fruit, cider making and lots more. Meet other orchard and apple enthusiasts while spending the weekend on a beautiful lake in mid coast Maine!
Camp will take place in a new location this year: Pilgrim Lodge in West Gardiner. We’re excited to spend a summer weekend at this beautiful & comfortable camp.
Register by July 30th, please!
Saturday only (adults): $100
Children (ages 8-15): $75
Participants in MOFGA’s Journeyperson program & Black Indigenous People of Color: Free
Apple Camp weekend will feature panel discussions from orchard & fruit explorer friends from across the continent. We’re very excited to welcome:
- Melissa Madden (Open Space Cider) and Sam Bonney (Quivering Twig Horticulture) & others to talk about foraging for fruit;
- Eric Shatt (of Redbyrd Cider Biodynamic Orchard) and Kevin Clark (of Rose Hill Farm) to talk about holistic fruit growing;
- Jason Bowen (of the Southern Heritage Apple Orchard at Horne Creek Farm), Dan Bussey (author of Illustrated Apples of Canada & North America), Dan Newman (expert on Maine pears) and Addie & Jude Schuenemeyer (of the Montezuma Orchard Restoration Project) to talk about historical varieties & preservation efforts;
- Eliza Goodman of Hogtree Orchard Pork (and wearer of many hats) to give a keynote talk on Pear Breeding;
- William Mullan (@pomme_queen and author of Odd Apples) & Sean Turley (@therightousrusset) for a discussion on “Apples as Object”;
- And Dan Pucci (co-author of American Cider: A Modern Guide to a Historic Beverage) to lead us through a cider tasting!
- And more! Stay tuned …