Things To Do In The Area
The following is a list of events by date in Maine that we have been made aware of. We have not vetted this list, nor do we know if any Common Ground Country Fair vendors are participating in them. This is for informational purposes only and visitors should do their own research about individual events to ensure accurate information.
Other events by date:
9/24-9/26 – Harvest Festival at Cold River Campground
Description: Enjoy Maine’s local produce and seafood from local farms. Bring your favorite creations for a Potluck and enter your chili into the Chili Cook-Off. Bingo and Karaoke at the White Tail Hollow Event tent.
9/25/21 – Unity Harvest Tour: Participating organizations include the Northern Solstice Alpaca Farm, Maine TradeHers Market, Unity Pond Pottery, Stone Tree Farm & Cidery, Belfast & Moosehead Lake Railroad, Outland Farm Brewery
Description: Participants can get a card at any one of the six places that are participating in the event and if they get their passport stamped by at least four of the six stops then they will be entered into a raffle for a gift basket at the end of the day.
- Northern Solstice Alpaca Farm: Open rain or shine from 10AM-4PM showing off their 41 alpacas, giving free tours, hosting vendors, and selling alpaca clothing and gifts from their gift shop. Also a special sale on farm products and items are for sale on their website.
- Maine TradeHers Market: Starting at 9AM will have farm and artisan vendors.
- Unity Pond Pottery: 9AM-4PM will be offering 20% off in-stock items with studio tours
- Stone Tree Farm & Cidery: Will be open from 10AM-6PM with a performance by Ezra Rugg from 1PM to 3PM
- Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad: Providing different themed train rides at 11AM, 1:30PM, and 3:30PM
- Outland Farm Brewery: People are encouraged to join in a locally sourced harvest dinner and the winner of the raffle will be announced at 8PM
9/25/21 – Mindful Folk Farm, New Gloucester (rain date 9/26)
Description: Mindful Folk Farm in New Gloucester has opened up its farm for an event on Saturday, September 25 to those vendors who would have been attending Common Ground. They are planning a “Harvest Moon Craft Festival” 11 am – 5 pm, an alternative Common Ground Fair event with 30-40 vendors, music and food. Masks required for both vendors and visitors, regardless of vaccination status! $5/person
9/25/21 – Maine TradeHers Market – Silver Highlands Farm, Unity
Description: “Fall for Saturdays” – inviting farmers or artisans that want to have a space to come and set up at MaineTradeHers Market. The tour starts at 9am, and the store closes at 4pm; no cost to attend. If you are interested in attending as a farmer/artisan, be in touch so they know how many spaces to prepare for.
Contact: [email protected]
10/2/2021 & 10/3/2021 – Maine Craft Weekend
Description: A special dedicated weekend in which artists all over the state of Maine open their studios to host events, and share their businesses with the public. Plan a weekend with multiple stops. Plan a route to include a pottery wheel lesson and a glass blowing demonstration in the morning, swing by a brewpub for lunch, peruse a craft show in the afternoon, stay in an artist-hosted Airbnb off the beaten path. https://mainecraftweekend.org/
Contact: Maine Craft Association, 207-205-0791
10/17/21 – Great Maine Apple Day – MOFGA’s Maine Heritage Orchard
Description: Celebrate the history, flavor, and tradition of Maine apples! There will be workshops, educational displays, apple tasting, cider pressing, kids activities, and more! $4/person, or $2/person for MOFGA members. Space is limited to 300 people.