May 17, 2021
We made the statement below on May 7, 2021. Since that time the guidance and landscape nationally and at the state level has shifted. We’re monitoring these changes and will make appropriate updates to our website as the guidance continues to evolve over the coming months.
We are hopeful that we will be able to gather in person on September 24, 25 and 26 for the 2021 Common Ground Country Fair and have begun preparations to host an on-site event in Unity. The health and safety of our community is our number one priority and as a result the Fair will look different this year. We are implementing changes across the fairgrounds to offer and support a safe experience in accordance with current Maine Center for Disease Control and Maine Department of Economic and Community Development guidelines for outdoor festivals. We’ll continue to keep this page updated as the situation evolves and we learn more in the coming months. At this time, here’s what we anticipate will change based on current conditions:
- Attendance will be managed to reduce congestion. Stay tuned for details on ticketing and attendance.
- Masks will be required of all participants.
- Layouts will be changed to allow for more distance between vendors.
- Some areas and activities will not take place this year. Stay tuned for details.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch areas will be in place.
In order to fully proceed, we need commitments from individuals interested in volunteering this year. The Fair cannot take place without the help of over 2,000 dedicated volunteers. We need to hear from you! Please let us know if you’re interested in volunteering by filling out this form, and we’ll be in touch when volunteer shifts open for registration.