On this page find resources, reports, and contact information for MOFGA’s organic marketing and business specialists!
Organic Price Reports – by season and wholesale vs. direct-to-consumer
Marketing and Business Reports
- Organic Wild Blueberry Leaf Enterprise Budget – 2017
- Tech Solutions Connecting Farmers and Buyers – 2017
- Demand for Certified Organic Slaughter in Maine – 2016
- Social Media Video Content Tips and Tricks – 2016
- Get the Right Insurance for Your Farm – 2016
- Organic, Maine Carrot Enterprise Budgets – 2016
Find older reports here.
Ask an Organic Specialist
- Ask John Chartier questions about business and marketing for northern Maine farms and crops
Read more about staff expertise and interests here.
- MOFGA Farm Beginnings – MOFGA’s whole farm business planning class.
- Maine Farms for the Future Program – competitive grant program that provides selected farms with business planning assistance and investment support.
- MFT’s Farming for Wholesale Workshop – ongoing farm business planning assistance combined with day-long workshops for farmers.
- Beginning Farmer Resource Network of Maine – use this directory to browse by topic and find resources, publications, and who to contact.
- Slow Money Maine – SMM catalyzes the flow of funds and technicals assistance to a wide array of food systems businesses.
- Maine Organic Lenders – provides financial assistance in the form of loans to farmers, food processors and distributors
- Maine Small Business Development Centers – provides free business advising to Maine’s entrepreneurs and small businesses.
Photo by Two Farmers Farm