Resources to Support Our Pollinators
Pollinators are essential to our ecosystems and our food system
Here’s how you can support native pollinators in Maine:
- Protect bees from pesticides by limiting or eliminating pesticide use in your garden
- Provide bees with a sustained food source in your garden by planting a bee-friendly variety of plants that bloom at successive times throughout the season
- Create bee habitat by providing nesting areas for bees
- Buy local and organic food to support farmers and producers who use bee-friendly practices
- Support MOFGA and all the work we do at the state and national level to legislate for change and increase the number of organic farms! Donate to MOFGA today.
- Please SIGN OUR PETITION TO PROTECT POLLINATORS by banning neonicotinoid pesticide use in Maine.
The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife created the Maine Bumble Bee Atlas to marshal the efforts of volunteer citizen scientists from across Maine to greatly increase our knowledge of the status of the state’s bumble bees.