Maine Produce Safety Improvement Grant
Maine Produce Safety Improvement Grants (MPSIG) help specialty crop growers i.e, growers of fruits and vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture, and nursery crops (including floriculture but excluding commodity crops) to:
- Implement on-farm food safety practices;
- Transition to compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule (PSR);
- Meet market demands for on-farm food safety.
Proposed projects are restricted to improving the food safety of specialty crops. We will be awarding grants up to $10,000 to 15 farms. Prior awardees are not eligible.
Allowed Project Investments:
- Plastic Harvest Totes
- Stainless Steel Handwashing Sinks
- Small Greens Bubblers
- Salad Spinners
- Stainless Steel Tables and Carts
October 15th: Application available, apply below!
December 31st: Application deadline, apply below!
Need more information? Connect with Anna Mueller, [email protected], (207) 568-6017.