The farm is located in Durham, ME about 25 minutes north of Portland and 10 minutes from Freeport, ME. We are on a 17- acre piece of land. 10 acres of hay, 2 acres of woods, 1.5 acres of crops, a farm store and 5 high tunnels.
We are a certified organic diverse vegetable farm. We operate a farm store that is open 5 days a week. We have 5 high tunnels and an acre of field crops. We are a minimal till farm utilizing cultural interventions, crop rotation, tarping, hand cultivating, and zero pesticides. We grow crops for our farm store which has a 20 member CSA, several wholesale channels, and online farmer markets. We rely almost solely on solar power to run the farm with the exception of the diesel tractor.
1252 Royalsborough Road,
Durham, ME 04222
Hours and Work Season
We need someone who can have a flexible schedule as the season progresses. We are looking for 8 hour days – 1-2 days/wk in May, 3-4 days/wk June-Sept, 1-2 days/wk Oct. Willingness to work in the store on Saturday is a plus.
Have a desire to learn, desire to be outside in varied weather, desire for physical work and ability to lift 40 lbs. Be willing to cultivate, trellis, weed independently at times. Bring a curious mind, be able to ask questions, and engage in your work.
– help with green house operations including seeding, germination, temperature requirements, and watering
– help with bed prep, transplanting, soil amendments, composting, and irrigation
– help with harvesting, processing, washing, packing, and shipping
– help with green manure seeding, no till tarping practice, and low/high tunnel management
– help with compostable practices
– help with value added processing
– help to work alongside students from the community