2022 Common Ground Country Fair Update
The Common Ground Country Fair will be in person at MOFGA’s Common Ground Education Center in Unity, Maine on September 23, 24 and 25, 2022. MOFGA’s annual celebration of rural living features 1000-plus exhibitors and speakers, and emphasizes vibrant communities, sustainable living and local economies, while highlighting organic agriculture.
- More spacious layout on the fairgrounds — reorganizing and allowing more space in busy areas — be sure to check the map for the location of your favorite area.
- Electronic ticketing — less time waiting in line, more time enjoying the Fair.
- Additional handwashing stations and restroom options for comfort and health.
- We encourage everyone to do a self health assessment before attending. If you are sick, please follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- The more spacious layout will allow the possibility for people to socially distance if they choose.
- Attendees are welcome to wear a mask if they choose.
- We ask fairgoers to consider wearing a mask when enjoying the Exhibition Hall, one of the few enclosed spaces at the Fair, which is often crowded.
- We will follow the state, federal and CDC mandates and guidelines.
- We are not limiting attendance or doing daily attendance caps.
- We are not instituting any fair-wide COVID-19 mandates.
Preparing for your visit:
- Be prepared for traffic. Please bring supplies and support so you are comfortable in case you have to wait in traffic on the roads or in the parking lots.
- If you are worried about traffic, please consider arriving and leaving early. You will be able to get in a full day of fun with a shorter wait time.
- Consider attending on Sunday! Most volunteers and staff will tell you that Sunday is their favorite day of the Fair. Enjoy the same exhibitors, food, and activities, with smaller crowds.
- Please read more information and tips on our Planning Your Visit webpage.
- Follow-us on social media for updates leading up to and during the Fair to ensure you have a great experience.
See you at the Fair!
We invite vendors, speakers and performers to begin preparations with us, apply for booth space and plan your presentations. To help you with your decision to participate, here are links to our general timeline, refund policy and Fair Guidelines.
Not having an in-person Fair for the past two years has given us the opportunity to reflect on what we may want to change about the Fair and what we want to keep. MOFGA staff and Fair Steering Committee members are working on mechanisms to gather input and feedback from our community members, including fairgoers, exhibitors, volunteers and our Planning Team. Please check back here and on our social media for the upcoming link to participate in a feedback survey in February 2022.
We look forward to posting updates and keeping the community informed as the year progresses. If you have thoughts, comments, or concerns about the 2022 Common Ground Country Fair that you would like to share with us, please fill out this short survey form. We will take your answers into consideration as we plan and prepare for this year’s Fair.