2024 Common Ground Country Fair
Thank you for a fantastic 2023 Common Ground Country Fair! We are grateful for the thousands of volunteers, Fair planning committee, and MOFGA staff and board members that make the Fair possible.
The 48th annual Common Ground Country Fair will be held at the Common Ground Education Center in Unity, Maine on September 20, 21 and 22, 2024. The fairgrounds are open Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association’s (MOFGA) annual celebration of rural living features 1000-plus exhibitors and speakers, and emphasizes vibrant communities, sustainable living and local economies, while highlighting organic agriculture.
Interested in being a vendor or exhibitor at this year’s fair? Visit our vendors and applications page.
Days until the 2024 Common Ground Country Fair:
The Common Ground Country Fair will be held at MOFGA’s Common Ground Education Center in Unity, Maine on September 22, 23 and 24, 2023. The fairgrounds are open Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. MOFGA’s annual celebration of rural living features 1000-plus exhibitors and speakers, and emphasizes vibrant communities, sustainable living and local economies, while highlighting organic agriculture.
- More spacious layout on the fairgrounds — reorganizing and allowing more space in busy areas — be sure to check the map for the location of your favorite area.
- Electronic ticketing — less time waiting in line, more time enjoying the Fair.
- Additional handwashing stations and restroom options for comfort and health.
- We encourage everyone to do a self health assessment before attending. If you are sick, please follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- The more spacious layout will allow the possibility for people to socially distance if they choose.
- Attendees are welcome to wear a mask if they choose.
- We ask fairgoers to consider wearing a mask when enjoying the Exhibition Hall, one of the few enclosed spaces at the Fair, which is often crowded.
- We will follow the state, federal and CDC mandates and guidelines.
- We are not limiting attendance or doing daily attendance caps.
- We are not instituting any fair-wide COVID-19 mandates.
Preparing for your visit:
- Be prepared for traffic. Please bring supplies and support so you are comfortable in case you have to wait in traffic on the roads or in the parking lots.
- If you are worried about traffic, please consider arriving and leaving early. You will be able to get in a full day of fun with a shorter wait time.
- Consider attending on Sunday! Most volunteers and staff will tell you that Sunday is their favorite day of the Fair. Enjoy the same exhibitors, food, and activities, with smaller crowds.
- Please read more information and tips on our Planning Your Visit webpage.
- Follow-us on social media for updates leading up to and during the Fair to ensure you have a great experience.
See you at the Fair!
We invite vendors, speakers and performers to begin preparations with us, apply for booth space and plan your presentations. To help you with your decision to participate, here are links to our general timeline, refund policy and Fair guidelines.
We look forward to posting updates and keeping the community informed as the year progresses. If you have thoughts, comments, or concerns about the 2023 Common Ground Country Fair that you would like to share with us, please fill out this short survey form. We will take your answers into consideration as we plan and prepare for this year’s Fair.
Interested in becoming a vendor or exhibitor at the Fair? Learn more about our application process: