Accommodation Suggestions for the Common Ground Country Fair
The following list includes a wide range of accommodation options for vendors, volunteers and fairgoers. Neither MOFGA nor the Common Ground Country Fair assumes any responsibility for reservations, accommodations or overall experiences at any of the below-listed establishments. Any business relationship established between any vendor, exhibitor, volunteer or fairgoer, and any proprietor of any below-listed establishment is done so independently of MOFGA and the Common Ground Country Fair.
All phone numbers have a 207 area code unless otherwise indicated.
Camping Within a Few Miles of MOFGA's Common Ground Country Fair Grounds
(listed in order of distance away from MOFGA)
• Bioregional Conservancy Retreat (BCRT) - Thorndike
Three minutes from the Fair grounds. Camping, pasture for horses and other large animals available upon request. RVs welcome. Visitors are welcome to participate in farm chores - milking, feeding, gardening, construction etc. - if they are looking to have a farm experience. Reservations are requested, ask for Roger or Martina.
• Camp/Cottage - Unity, on Unity Pond
3 miles from the Fair located on Horseback Road, on Unity Pond. Sleeps up to 10 people.
Phone: 207-948-8067 or 207-314-1218
• Guesthouse – Unity - 4 miles from fairground
Newly remodeled guesthouse on 100+ acres, 2 bedrooms, wifi, sleeps five, kitchen, full bath, heat, easy rural bike ride to MOFGA, Hills-to-Sea hiking trail on property.
Common Ground Fair – $120 a night for up to 3 persons, $15 additional person, 3 night min.
Rates on other dates start at $65. For availability, please contact Julia
Phone: 207-568-3852 or 909-621-0720
• Home with Land - Unity
On Route 202 in Unity, 562 Albion Rd. Campsites for primitive camping and self-contained campers. Ask for Jolean Tupper.
• Cabin - Unity - Full for the 2016 Fair
Brand New cabin with a full bath, sitting area, and two bedrooms; Sleeps four. Ask for Martha Laitin.
Phone: 207-948-2815 or 207-323-2368
• The Brooks Cloud - Brooks
Cabins and Indoor Camping in Brooks, 11 miles from fairgrounds. Indoor tent sites available in barn with electric outlets at site. Two bedroom glamping cabin that sleeps up to four with half bath and eco toilet. Sunny hammock cabin for up to four women with shared in house bathroom and outdoor shower.
Contact Elen at email@example.com
Phone: (508) 965-4643
• Yurt - North Montville
Yurt for rent 15 mins from fairgrounds in North Montville. Ask for Kim or Glen Widmer.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
• Hidden Valley - North Montville
Affordable small cabins and tipis with continental breakfast on 350 acres with trails, meadows, hot tub, tennis and farm animals. 12 miles from the fairgrounds.
• Friends Camp - South China
Affordable overnight lodging/tenting with breakfast and dinner. 729 Lakeview Drive (Route 202) South China, Maine. Friends Camp is 19 miles from MOFGA. Reservations begin after August 6th.
Phone: 207-445-2361 and 207-873-3499 in September
• Sunset Pines Cottages - China
Four fully equipped lake-side cottages each sleeps 4-6 people. 18.2 miles from the fairgrounds. For more information leave your name, number and a detailed message for Judi.
• Large cottage - off Rt. 220
Cottage can sleep up to 5 people with extra sleeping bunks in the carriage house. Convenient to fairgrounds off Rt. 220. Contact Kay or Hurley for reservations.
• Green Valley Campground - Vassalboro
Website: www.greenvalleycampground.us or www.grnvly.com
• Summer home - Unity Pond
Home 3 miles from MOFGA on Lake Winnecook (Unity pond). Two bedrooms (1 queen and 1 double), kitchen, living room, bath, and screened porch overlooking the lake. Non Smoking and no pets.
• RV site - Unity Pond
RV site with patio, electricity, and water hookup. Located approx. 3 miles from MOFGA on Lake Winnecook (Unity pond).
• Wildwind Kennels and Guide Service - 1368 Webb Road, Knox
Kennels 5 miles from MOFGA.
Kennel: 207-568-3575, cell: 207-322-6236
Accommodations in Waldo County & the Midcoast Area
For additional help, call the Belfast Area Chamber of Commerce at 207-338-5900
• Alden House B&B - Belfast
• Belfast Harbor Inn - Belfast
Phone: 207-338-2740 or 1-800-545-8576
• Belhaven Inn - Belfast - Owners: Anne and Paul Bartell
• Gull Motel - Belfast
• Fireside Inn & Suites- Belfast
• The Jeweled Turret Inn - Belfast
Phone: 1- 800-696-2304 or 207-338-2304
• The Moorings Ocean Front Campground, RV sites only - Belfast
• Seascape Motel & Cottages - Belfast
Phone: 1-800-477-0786 or 207-338-2130
• Yankee Clipper Motel - Belfast
• Belfast Breeze Inn - Belfast
Phone: 207-218-7888 or 207-848-6440
• Bayleaf Cottages & Bistro - Lincolnville
Accommodations in Montville/Searsport
(approximately 30-40 mins from Fair grounds, 5-10 mins North of Belfast)
• Sweet Cape - Montville
Charming 200-year-old restored house in Montville sleeps 6 (2 doubles, 2 singles) is for rent @ $500/week in September. Fun, safe area for kids. Nice, big, simple kitchen. - South Montville - Contact Emily.
• Loon Lookout Cottages - Swanville
• Yardarm Motel - Searsport
• Searsport Shores Campground - Searsport
Accommodations in Waterville/Fairfield Area
(approximately 30 mins. from Unity)
For additional help contact the Waterville Area Chamber of Commerce at 207-873-3315
• Fireside Inn and Suites - Waterville
• Budget Host Airport Inn - Waterville
• Comfort Inn and Suites - Waterville
• Econo Lodge - Waterville
Phone: 800-424-6423 or 872-5577
• Hampton Inn - Waterville
Phone: 800-HAMPTON or 873-0400
• Best Western Waterville Grand Hotel (Exit 130) - Waterville
• Applewood Boarding Kennel - 174 Bangor Rd, Benton
• It's Raining Cats & Dogs - closed Wednesdays - 340 Albion Road, Benton
(approximately 40-50 min. West)
• Belgrade Lakes Village Inn - Route 27, Belgrade Lakes
• Pressey House Bed and Breakfast - Oakland
Phone: 465-3500 or 1-877-773-7738
• Wings Hill Inn - Rte 27, Belgrade Lakes
Phone: 495-2400 or 1-866-495-2400
Accommodations in the Skowhegan and Dover-Foxcroft Areas
(approximately 50 min. Northwest)
• Caanan KOA Campground - Skowhegan
• The Brewster Inn - Dexter
Phone: (207) 924-3130
Accommodations in Bangor Area
(approximately 45 minutes from Unity)
For additional help contact the Bangor Area Chamber of Commerce at 207-947-0307
• Bangor Motor Inn/ Bangor Inn & Suites - Bangor
Phone: 1-800-244-0355 or 947-0355
• Best Western White House Inn - Bangor
• Charles Inn - Bangor
• Comfort Inn - Bangor
• Country Inn at the Mall - Bangor
Phone: 800-244-3961 or 941-0200
• Days Inn - Bangor
• Econo Lodge - Bangor
• Fairfield Inn, Marriott - Bangor
• The Fireside Inn & Suites - Bangor
• Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport - Bangor
Phone: 800-228-4609 or 947-6721
• Paul Bunyan Campgrounds - Bangor
• Riverside Inn - Bangor
Website: www.riversidebangor.org or www.riversidebangor.com
• University Inn - Orono
• Green Acres Kennel Shop - Bangor
• Fresh Air Dogs - Guilford
Accomodations in the Rockland Area
(approximately 1 hour from Fairgrounds)
• Long Cove Cottages - St. George / Tenant's Harbor