How to Volunteer at the Common Ground Country Fair
1. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian signed consent. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old to volunteer without a guardian. Children between the ages 10 – 12 may volunteer if accompanied by a guardian 21 years of age or older with at least 1 adult : 2 children ratio.
2. Special cases:
• Children's Area: Minimum age 13 years old.
• Auto Gates, Common Kitchen, Country Store, Entertainment, Low Impact Forestry, Parking, Ticket Takers: Minimum age 16 years old.
• Ticket-sellers: Min. age 18 yrs. and well known to MOFGA staff or Board members.
• Shuttle Assistants: Min. age 18 yrs.
Register – There are twp ways to register for volunteer shifts at the Fair:
1. Pre-Register Online- online registration will be open up until the day before any given shift
• Individual Registration
• Group and Family Registration- Online group registration is now closed. Groups can still sign up as Walk-ins at the Volunteer Check-in Tent at the Pine Gate.
2. Pre-Registration via mail is now closed. You can still register as a Walk-in Volunteer at the Volunteer Check-in tent at the Pine Gate!
• Individual Registration Form
• Group and Family Registration Form
• Minor Consent Form
Individuals who register online will be able to select their own schedule from available shifts. If you register via mail, we will assign you shifts based on your indicated preferences. The CGCF assigns volunteers on a first come, first served basis. If a requested slot is already filled the CGCF will assign volunteers according to need.
We can use walk-in volunteers at the Fair but it helps us immensely when you take the time to pre-register.
1. Online registrations will receive confirmation via email. Mailed registrations will receive a Shift Confirmation with your assignment(s) via mail.
2. Keep your confirmation. This confirmation will entitle you to a Volunteer Admission Pass when you check in at the Volunteer Check-In Tent. You will also need to present your confirmation to the camping area coordinator in order to camp.
3. If you need to cancel, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 568-4142 to let us know as soon as possible.
Arriving at the Fair:
1. Give yourself plenty of time to get to Unity.
2. Consider camping the night before or arriving in the early morning to avoid traffic and to be on time for your shift.
3. Park at the South Lot and enter via the Pine Gate. The Volunteer Check-In Tent is right outside the Pine Gate entrance.
• Prior to and after the Fair, set-up and clean up volunteers check-in at the main office.
• During the Fair, check in at the Volunteer Check-In Tent when you first arrive at the Fair. Come to the Volunteer Check-In Tent on the first day you are scheduled to volunteer at the Fair. The Volunteer Check-In Tent is the only place you may obtain your Admission Pass. Free entry is NOT available at any other gate (unless you are a MOFGA member).