|Jo Ann Myers and Sam May – both are on the MOFGA Board and are active on the public policy front. Sam has been especially helpful in the GMO labeling campaign.
MOFGA is essentially a volunteer-driven organization, relying on the support of more than 1500 volunteers each year. The collective impact of MOFGA's volunteer community is awesome – in the true sense of the word.
There are many opportunities for people to get involved in informal or very substantive ways. Some volunteers take on enormous responsibilities, and set the programming and policy agendas for the Association. Others take great satisfaction in occasionally helping stuff envelopes in the office or pull weeds from the perennial beds.
We greatly appreciate all forms of volunteer support. Without the diverse expertise and unfailing dedication of its volunteers, MOFGA wouldn't exist.
Board of Directors
Volunteering at the Common Ground Country Fair
Volunteer Opportunities Right Now
• Lend a hand at our annual Seed Swap and Scion Exchange! We'd love to have some extra sets of hands to help this event run smoothly. This is always a fun day here at the MOFGA grounds. Email email@example.com for more information.
• Celebrate Earth Day with MOFGA! We would love to have your help before, during, or after the event. Join us on Saturday, April 22, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and help us ready the grounds for spring. All ages and experience levels are welcome. Enjoy the fresh air and time with other MOFGA supporters! We'll have T-shirts and lunch for all our volunteers. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• April 22 - Help us plant new trees in the Maine Heritage Orchard! 9 a.m. to noon. FMI: Email us at email@example.com.
• Interested in helping with MOFGA's gardens or with office tasks? Or maybe you have a skill like carpentry you'd be willing to share? We have tasks on a flexible schedule. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• We have openings on our Planning Team for Area Coordinators at the Fair! Click here for more information.
Year-Round Volunteer Projects
Interested in helping out? Just fill out this form for more information.
To volunteer, please contact Anna Libby, MOFGA's Volunteer Coordinator, by emailing email@example.com.
We always need volunteers to help us complete a number of projects at the Common Ground Education Center in Unity. Some involve the Fair, while others will serve MOFGA's wider mission or reduce expenses. Some, such as developing a better greywater collection system for food vendors, need specialized equipment and labor. But, many just need willing workers. Why wait until pre-fair set-up to help when we could use help now? If you would like to take on one of the following projects, please contact Jason Tessier at the MOFGA office. Thanks!
- Organize Fair materials
- Work in gardens
- Develop and build action playthings for Children's Area
- Work on signs to promote other MOFGA events at CGCF, such as the Low-Impact Forestry Weekend
- Assist the Common Throne coordinator with construction of more Common Thrones
- Help with other painting and carpentry needs, including some inside jobs
- Clear trees out of the CMP right-of-way that passes through the grounds
- Clean and organize the Common Kitchen
- Build and repair picnic tables and benches for the Fair
- Work on office and clerical tasks, such as shredding, filing, etc.
For information on any other opportunity of interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org