|Jo Ann Myers and Sam May - both are on the MOFGA Board and are active on the public policy front. Sam has been especially helpful in the GMO labeling campaign.
MOFGA is essentially a volunteer-driven organization, relying on the support of more than 1500 volunteers each year. The collective impact of MOFGA's volunteer community is awesome - in the true sense of the word.
There are many opportunities for people to get involved in informal or very substantive ways. Some volunteers take on enormous responsibilities, and set the programming and policy agendas for the Association. Others take great satisfaction in occasionally helping stuff envelopes in the office or pull weeds from the perennial beds.
We greatly appreciate all forms of volunteer support. Without the diverse expertise and unfailing dedication of its volunteers, MOFGA wouldn't exist.
Board of Directors
Volunteering at the Common Ground Country Fair
Year-Round Volunteer Projects
It's summertime, and that means it's growing season. If you'd like to lend a hand in one of MOFGA's flower, herb, or vegetable gardens this summer, please contact Anna Libby, MOFGA's Volunteer Coordinator, by emailing email@example.com.
We also need volunteers to help us complete a number of projects at the Common Ground Education Center in Unity. Some involve the Fair, while others will serve MOFGA's wider mission or reduce expenses. Some, such as developing a better greywater collection system for food vendors, need specialized equipment and labor. But, many just need willing workers. Why wait until pre-fair set-up to help when we could use help now? If you would like to take on one of the following projects, please contact Vernon LeCount at the MOFGA office. Thanks!
- Organize Fair materials on 2nd floor of Garage.
- Stack and sort scrap lumber in various locations.
- Paint hay wagons
- Lay tile in bathroom
- Develop and build action playthings for Children's Area
- Work on signs to promote other MOFGA events at CGCF, such as the Low-Impact Forestry Weekend
- Build diaper-changing tables to be placed outside of bathrooms
- Assist Common Throne Coordinator with construction of more Common Thrones
- Help with other painting needs, including some inside jobs
- Clear trees out or the CMP right-of-way that passed through the grounds
- Clean and organize cooking tools in the Common Kitchen. Contact Cheryl Wixson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sand and refinish conference table in main office
For information on any other opportunity of interest please email email@example.com