MOFGA Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Director of Development
Title: Director of Development
Primary Responsibilities: This position will oversee all aspects of membership and development department including implementation of fundraising activity, supervision of a development staff and coordination of efforts with other key MOFGA departments and the Fundraising Committee.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Work Week: Full time, 40-hour per week position
Position: Salaried. Federal Fair Labor Standards Act Exempt. The employee is not eligible for overtime payment.
Required Abilities and Knowledge:
- Proven experience in all aspects of fundraising: grant writing, donor relations and solicitation, general funding appeals, membership recruitment, and donor events
- Five or more years experience in fundraising for nonprofit organizations
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience organizing complex, fast moving projects and events, and proven ability to manage concurrent projects
- Proven experience in conducting on-line research, tracking data and writing fundraising reports
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and communications skills
- Understanding computer systems including word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of fundraising database systems
- Working knowledge of web-based communications in a development context to include website, social media, email and other electronic outreach vehicles
Fundraising, Strategic Vision/Communications
- Developing and implementing annual fundraising plan and overseeing all activities of development staff to meet fundraising goals
- Working with development team in envisioning and mapping strategic direction for organizational fundraising
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with key donors
- Developing annual fund program and coordinating giving opportunities for members and others
- Coordinating and serving on Fundraising Activity Team to help in establishing direction and action plan for long-term fundraising effort
- Supporting efforts of Associate Director, Executive Director and Fundraising Committee members in major gifts outreach
- Coordinating and supporting activities of Board-appointed Fundraising Committee
- Communicating with senior staff members, Board and others on fundraising activities and progress
- Overseeing planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Directing production of annual report
- Participating in activities associated with MOFGA’s Common Ground Country Fair
- Carrying out all of the responsibilities listed above in accordance with the mission statement, goals, and philosophy of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association.
MOFGA’s success is dependent upon the collaborative spirit among its staff members and volunteers. Employees are expected to be ready and willing to assist colleagues in all program areas when directed to do so by their supervisors.
Compensation: Salary for this position will be negotiated based on educational background, work experience and demonstrated areas of expertise. MOFGA offers a full range of benefits (details available upon request) including paid vacation, a substantial wellness stipend in lieu of medical insurance, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid holidays and continuing education.
To apply: Review of candidates will begin on September 6, 2017. The hiring process will remain open until MOFGA finds the appropriate candidate. Candidates should submit a single PDF, including a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and a list of fundraising accomplishments, to DevelopmentDirectorHiring@mofga.org.